- Permanent full-time position
- Sydney office location, flexible working
- Opportunity to further your development career
We are a professional membership body supporting 128 000+ diverse, talented and financially astute members. We employ over 500 people in 14 locations across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. When you join us, you have an opportunity to develop great skills & strong networks and do something different and fresh with your career.
The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to develop and grow their skills as a Salesforce developer/engineer. The team focus is to deliver run and change activity that meets our business and member needs. Reporting to the Scrum Master - Technology (Members), the Junior Salesforce engineer/developer is responsible for the maintenance, development and delivery of system changes and enhancements within the Salesforce platform.
You will be part of a fun and social team working on a multi-faceted set of features, with a focus on establishing CI/CD, maintaining existing features, as well developing enhancements to Salesforce. This brand-new team is comprised of several engineers supporting a large number of Tier 1 technologies, and five divisions in the organization, focusing on MarTech, Sales and Customer Service technologies.
- Being a product expert of Salesforce platform, including Sales, Service, Apps and Community
- Great opportunity for an experienced Salesforce Admin looking to advance their development skills, or a highly analytical, customer centric mid-level Developer
- Play a key role in an exciting technology roadmap, opportunities in new projects for the right candidate
We'll give you responsibility for
- Ownership of upgrade impact assessments and defining changes required
- Maintaining oversight of the end-to-end Salesforce implementation within the ecosystem
- Developing and maintaining new solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Critically evaluating and improving proposals and designs through peer-review
- Providing development and troubleshooting expertise to projects and continuous improvement teams
- Creating documentation outlining findings and solutions
- Assisting teams with embedding change in the business by contributing to appropriate communications and training materials as required.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders, business subject matter experts, project and platform team members, and broader vendor and IT team members
Great To have
- 12 months minimum experience with Salesforce APEX (classes, triggers, visual force pages, lightning), Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, and Force.com
- Demonstrated experience completing custom development in Salesforce Lightning Apex, as well as out of the box Salesforce configurations
- Demonstrated experience in Salesforce integration, developing and deploying custom integration solutions using APIs and API management systems
- Strong communication, customer service, troubleshooting, and organizational skills and the ability to complete assigned work with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Proven ability to design and optimise application and data integration processes
- Proven ability to write quality, fit-for-purpose documentation including, but not limited to, user stories, requirements, technical designs, release notes.
- A desire, passion, and tenacity to set a personal vision and truly make a difference in the work you do with your colleagues; you enjoy a challenge and draw energy from solving problems.
- Experience working in agile environments.
- Working knowledge of automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies and source control management tools such as Git and test automation tools like Selenium,
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
If you feel you don't have the exact experience above but you can show and demonstrate your drive and eagerness to learn we are willing to help you develop and grow. You must have some salesforce development experience.
*For further details, please refer to the attached Job Description or visit Chartered Accountants ANZ career website https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us/what-we-do/work-for-us
Chartered Accountants ANZ is taking practical action to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of our people, members, guests, suppliers, and contractors by following COVID Safety Management Plan.
Our current flexible work involves at least 2 days in the office for team interaction.
What's in it for you
At Chartered Accountants ANZ, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the members we serve. As a value driven organisation, we collaborate for success, through integrity and being accountable for ourselves in the role we play to grow and improve as a team. Our benefits include Scholarship program, flexible workplace, staff benefits, monthly gatherings, and internal Career development.