- Permanent full-time position (remote working an option)
- Career progression into Tech Lead/Architect
- Exciting opportunity to take ownership end to end
We are a professional membership body supporting 128 000+ diverse, talented and financially astute members. We employ over 500 people in 14 locations across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. When you join us, you have an opportunity to develop great skills & strong networks and do something different and fresh with your career.
The Senior Salesforce Developer is a new role within the Members Platform team in our Technology division. The team focus is to deliver run and change activity that meets our business and member needs. Reporting to the Scrum Master - Technology (Members), the Salesforce Developer is responsible for the maintenance, development and delivery of system changes and enhancements within the Salesforce platform.
You will be part of a fun and social team working on a multi-faceted set of features, with a focus on establishing CI/CD, maintaining existing features, as well developing enhancements to Salesforce. This brand-new team is comprised of several engineers supporting a large number of Tier 1 technologies, and five divisions in the organization, focusing on MarTech, Sales and Customer Service technologies.
We want you to work passionately and creatively alongside business subject matter experts, architects, engineers, support team, QA and Solution Analysts to deliver quality outcomes for our members and staff.
- Being a product expert of Salesforce platform, including Sales, Service, Apps and Community
- Troubleshooting system problems and escalating where necessary as well as conducting detailed root-cause analysis for service interruption as well as recommending and establishing preventive measures
- Developing and maintaining new solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Critically evaluating and improving proposals and designs through peer-review
- Providing development and troubleshooting expertise to projects and continuous improvement teams
- Creating documentation outlining findings and solutions
- Ownership of upgrade impact assessments and defining changes required
- Maintaining oversight of the end-to-end Salesforce implementation within and related to the Members ecosystem
- Assisting teams with embedding change in the business by contributing to appropriate communications and training materials as required.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders, business subject matter experts, project and platform team members, and broader vendor and IT team members
Great To have
- Building 3+ years' experience with Salesforce APEX (classes, triggers, visual force pages, lightning), Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, and Force.com
- Demonstrated experience completing custom development in Salesforce Lightning Apex, as well as out of the box Salesforce configurations
- Demonstrated experience in Salesforce integration, developing and deploying custom integration solutions using APIs and API management systems
- Strong communication, customer service, troubleshooting, and organizational skills and the ability to complete assigned work with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Proven ability to design and optimise application and data integration processes
- Proven ability to write quality, fit-for-purpose documentation including, but not limited to, user stories, requirements, technical designs, release notes.
- A desire, passion, and tenacity to set a personal vision and truly make a difference in the work you do with your colleagues; you enjoy a challenge and draw energy from solving problems.
- Aptitude and passion for expanding your expertise as needed by a role and demonstrated self-commitment to maintaining your knowledge of emerging technologies, standards, and frameworks.
- Experience establishing CI/CD processes
- Experience working in agile environments.
- Working knowledge of automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies and source control management tools such as Git and test automation tools like Selenium,
- Demonstrate experience in defining, avoiding, and remediating technical debt. Additionally, you can readily articulate the differences between configuration and customisation and when each is appropriate (highly regarded)
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
*For further details, please refer to the attached Job Description or visit Chartered Accountants ANZ career website https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us/what-we-do/work-for-us
What's in it for you
At Chartered Accountants ANZ, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the members we serve. As a value driven organisation, we collaborate for success, through integrity and being accountable for ourselves in the role we play to grow and improve as a team. Our benefits include Scholarship program, flexible workplace, staff benefits, monthly gatherings and internal Career development.