- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Full time permanent role
- Analyse, think critically, work collaboratively, drive change & improvements
We are a professional membership body supporting 120 000+ diverse, talented and financially astute members. We employ over 350 people in 14 locations across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. When you join us, you have an opportunity to develop great skills & strong networks and do something different and fresh with your career.
Conduct & Discipline AU is responsible for the management of an effective and efficient professional conduct program; investigating complaints made and bringing disciplinary tribunal hearings against CA ANZ members.
As the Senior Advocate, Conduct and Discipline, you will be responsible for investigating complaints on behalf of the Professional Conduct Committee. You will add significant value to Chartered Accountants ANZ by working collaboratively within the Australian Conduct & Discipline and Professional Standards teams, liaising with members, complainants and members of our disciplinary panels in an open and professional manner and by helping to consolidate an innovative approach to efficient and effective process.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Investigate complaints and prepare disciplinary hearings on behalf of the Professional Conduct Committee
- Working with our Conduct & Discipline employees on all team activities, including;
- investigation strategies, process development and communication with our disciplinary panel members Conduct & Discipline AU
- investigating complaints made and bringing disciplinary tribunal hearings against CA ANZ members.
- Complying with our process and our legal and ethical obligations
- Liaising with members, complainants and our disciplinary panel members
- Assisting with training of members of our disciplinary panels
- Ensuring all records are maintained in line with best practice
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in law (preferred) or accounting qualifications and/or experience in the operation of professional organisations and/or member environments
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying legal principles and relevant legislation
- Proven experience within a similar investigatory role involving dispute resolution, litigation, case management, complaints handling and/or conciliation services experience
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to draft a range of legal documents and conduct negotiations
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills including a proven ability to conduct research into legal matters.
- Prior commerce, public affairs, accounting/professional services industry and business knowledge will be highly regarded
- Documentation of working papers, cases or investigations
- Genuine and demonstrated passion for professional standards and ethics
*For further details, please refer to the attached Job Description or visit Chartered Accountants ANZ career website https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us/what-we-do/work-for-us
What’s in it for you
At Chartered Accountants ANZ, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the members we serve. As a value driven organisation, we collaborate for success, through integrity and being accountable for ourselves in the role we play to grow and improve as a team. Our benefits include Scholarship program, flexible workplace, staff benefits, monthly gatherings and internal Career development.